1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptance, how did you do it?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

phytas
    Curious

phytas Middle Class Citizen

Some may be otherkin other may not. I myself had a tiring long journey filled with delusions, lies and drama. A shortwhile ago i finally came to terms to whom and what i am, connections clicked in my head so to speak. This however after many delusions that all held a bit of truth or was a way to tell me to go back or ahead. While there are many memories to remember and alot of questions left ive accepted who i am. I wont go in full detail as to what my kin is, if youre interested you will have to take an educated guess. But that is not the point of this thread.

How did you come to terms with what or who you are? When did you truely grasp it?

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos Master Citizen

Don't know 'bout others, but I don't think that it's something that you have to 'come to terms with'.Change what you can and what you want, accept what you cannot and just move on.Not so different from other things in life.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Senior Citizen II

You know... After a year of when I really started energy work, I went through this sort of thing. I thought I was a dragon, a gorgon, and many other things. At one point I realized it doesn't really matter. We spend our whole damn lives trying to answer these sorts of questions about ourselves and in the end all it does is screw with us mentally and causes one to get caught up in this web of utter conflictions about who and what they are. Frankly it only gets more complicated once past lives come into play. This is how Multi-kin's and people who claim to be all sorts of other conflicting 'conditions/situations' come into play.

This sort of questioning always brings out an individual's worst whether they realize it or not. It brings out our most unstable aspects. Our desires our toyed with and in turn they feed into our own insecurities and back into themselves in an endless cycle of questioning that one at the very center of their being never feels right and always off even when an answer presents itself and comes into fruition. You may feel like what you are now is what you are but one day you won't feel like what you are now as you evolve as in individual. This is by far the biggest issue with 'being a kin' and it only gets more complicated when someone tells you what you are.

My whole answer to this is not to simply stop caring really, not to stop the pursuit of it necessarily, or to just pick something and go with; and etc. My answer is to simply be, no in the sense of what, who, why, how, is, when, and son on; but in simple action. Being caught up over something that you have been at one point, think you are because of some deep insecurity or desire is only a hinderance. Why bother defining your person when your actions, your very presence already defines your being. It's nothing complicated really, it's just a matter of existence and contentment.

phytas likes this.
    Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

I came to terms with what I am soul-wise well.. Once I realized it didn't matter, not like it effects you all that much, so why care? Sure, I know exactly what I am soul-wise now, but do I care beyond just keep it in mind? No. People shouldn't obsess over it, just realize what you are, get confirmations, etc, (I made myself get a crap ton of confirmations from others, took time). And then simply just keep it in mind, nothing else is needed. Unless you want to go the mile and regress memories, but I have seen so many people obsess over that too, and mess up rest of there practices from always focusing on it in there practices rather then other things.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

I believe that this whole otherkin business is the kind that is overblown but in the end it has no real impact in someone's current life.It won't change their ID, it won't change their status, it won't change themselves in the eyes of society.

Maybe the idea of being something considered better than humans was too much of a temptaion for those that were lacking in their practices.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

I believe a lot of people claim it just for the sake of claiming it. But it is still a legitimate thing, and a fair amount are legitimate but yeah. Pretty sure this is off-topic for this thread. (As it's for answering the OPs question lol).

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

I'm not denying legitimacy, just stating that people focus too much on this.
    And I wouldn't worry about being off-topic, considering that even with the high number of members there is, we actually have just a 'skeleton crew' interaction for now.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Oh I mean. I went over this recently on a discord where people were acting like there kin was the most important thing. Nah, it doesn't really matter all that much outside of some specific things, like, you can do energy work without knowing your kin, so why does it matter? Sure, some kin are more inclined to x instead of y, but that doesn't matter all that much imo. It matters after this life sure, but during it? Not nearly as much as some people preach.

phytas and Ouroboros like this.
    phytas
    Curious

phytas Middle Class Citizen

For me personally it only matters in terms of interest and giving certain things a place for clarification(which isnt really a big thing). I figure for most it isn't a big thing and most certainly not required to know however, for some it might be. For me knowing the whole 'otherkin' unaware of the term back when i first started was the reason i started in the first place.