1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ψ Featured Ψ Believing In Super Powers: The World and Psionics

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

?

Would it be better if the world believed in psionics?

1. Yes, definitely!

55.6%
  2. No, they would probably just mock it anyway.

44.4%
    DarkWarrior

DarkWarrior Cadet Citizen I

I'm going to try to keep this short and see how it turns out Alright? Ok, so we all know that the population of the people on planet earth that believe in psionics (or Metaphysical abilities for that matter) seems very little for what it should probably be. I just want an answer from you guys, do you think it would be better if the majority of the world's population knew and believed in psionics?

I also apologize if this seems a little off topic, and if the grammar/English seems a little off. Or even maybe a little to short.

DarkWarrior

Are you serious? Mocked and believed to be true? Don't you think people could still benefit from the art of psionics?

Psionic Nation System

Psionic Nation System Archive Account

I think you should have searched the forums to see if anyone posted a thread similar. I think others have in the debate forum.

DarkWarrior

I apologize for that, Xirena

Manan Prakash

Well in my opinion they would mock it

Kurnas
    Thinking

Kurnas Citizen

Well, I don't really care how many people know or not. However I do think it's better that it stays the way it already is.

Luminis
    Sunshine

Luminis Citizen

I don´t think they would mock it. Instead, some people would use it to do bad things such as rob banks, get away from murders, spy on others etc. And there would always be someone who has greater abilities than others. If more humans learned psionics, there is no telling that we won´t get into some superpowered wars. Nobody would be safe because how would you know if someone isn´t watching you shower from the other half of the world. No technology would detect that. I believe that psionics shouldn´t be introduced to broader society until its consciousness develops more. But that´s just my belief.

Daemon Adam likes this.
    Zophiel
    Cloud_9

Zophiel Middle Class Citizen

I really couldn't care less if anyone believed in it or not and mankind does tend to mock things they cannot see for themselves ^

Kurnas likes this.
    Vadeshi
    Lurking

Vadeshi Senior Citizen II

I enjoy no one believing. makes for more fun. if everyone knew how I created these "mishaps in my favor" they'd probably question everything else I've done. I enjoy the secrecy the playing off what I do as some random occurrence. It's more fun that way. what's the point in a trick everyone can figure out? ;)

DarkArcher
    Darkness

DarkArcher Cadet Citizen II

I really wouldn't care if people mocked it. Their loss really.

Daemon Adam likes this.
    Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Middle Class Citizen

It'd probably turn out like most good things in life like healing and differences. Presented to most people I believe they'd be responsible with psionics that physically manifest, but, corporations, religious groups, and governments would probably twist it, pit groups against each other, and find every possible way of making money from it.

That's how I tend to see humanity. Naturally good, but easily manipulated. It happens to everyone at some point though to what extent is up to the individual.

Luminis likes this.
    DarkArcher
    Darkness

DarkArcher Cadet Citizen II

The government and big corporations would probably do everything to not get it to the general public, as they do love taking power away from the people.

Shun
    Spaced

Shun Citizen

I have a feeling the government already knows and has known for a while. But yeah I'm relatively neutral. I don't think its a good/bad thing if everyone knows, or a good/bad thing that everyone doesn't, it depends on many factors imo. But if I had to pick I would rather it stay the way it is.

Vadeshi and Kurnas like this.
    Aradniel
    Amused

Aradniel Nymphmic Storm

There are going to be some people who just don't believe and it's not good or bad it's just them believing what they want. It's not as simple as would it be better if everyone knew because bad could still be done with it and that's just more bad to add with the already physical bad we have to deal with already if that makes sense . I think it should just stick to how it is now with only some people believing.

Vadeshi, Kurnas and Shun like this.
    Vadeshi
    Lurking

they do. link to Obama you'll find plenty of shields made by plenty of people that aren't him lol.

Master304 and Shun like this.
    DarkWarrior

Even if they did believe and they wanted to do all of that stuff who do you think would discipline themselves in the art of psionics enough to do that sort of stuff?

Kurnas
    Thinking

Kurnas Citizen

To be realistic, plenty of people would.

Luminis
    Sunshine

Luminis Citizen

I agree that probably not many people would, but certainly some and not a small number. And DarkArcher is correct, the government wouldn´t just leave it be. Just think what one skilled lets say aerokinetic can do. Storms, tornadoes... Then think what a determined organization of skilled aerokinetics can do. I´m not saying that itcan´t happen right now, but the probability would dramatically increase by introducing psionics to the whole world.

Besides, if it happened, would you like to explain to great part of 7 bilion that anime techs aren´t real? :)

Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Middle Class Citizen

I mean it may seem like mentioning government gets one into the "tinfoil hat territory", but given all the shady things people with power will do to keep it, I don't think it's wrong to consider hypotheticals when it comes to government.

Not to mention that the U.S government is largely run by former corporation employees and politicians that they've bought. That not a conspiracy theory either, most of the facts are publicly available.

Luminis likes this.
    Vadeshi
    Lurking

the first half of this and the second contradict. . aerok can be used to summon tornadoes but anime isn't real... oookay then