1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bodyweight for Proprioception

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

A good way to start developing proprioception is by doing bodyweight exercises, because you end up learning more about which muscles you are feeling and what they are supposed to do, expanding your perception of each and every movement you do.

• Calisthenics works with either very precise-requiring a fine control of strenght-or fast paced exercises, both forcing you to get better at coordination since a bad call at the wrong time can result in injuries.
    • Sprinting develops power-explosive strenght-and control of said power.
    • Most martial arts help with fast eye to hand coordination and with setting your personal space of action.
    The P.S.C. is something I came up with, but it should hardly be considered an original concept.

Basically you set a certain radius around your body as the area where your attention and awareness will be high, and anything or anyone that enters this zone should be treated as possible threat.This way you will not only learn to focus on what is happening near you but you will also be already prepared if something happens.
    At the beginning it will be tiring but with time it will become second nature and you won't feel as strained.

Which kind of exercises the people of this community practices?Do you think that they contribute something to your psionic training?

Lex Arthur
    Relaxed

Lex Arthur Cadet Citizen II

I really like the idea of what you going for here. Exercise is something that I don't do too often. Things like a bad back and other issues sometimes limit when I can. Others times I am just lazy.

As for what kind of exercises I do when it does end up happening... It is usually just something simple like push-ups and sit-ups. I'd like very much to do some light jogging and sprinting, but there isn't a good place near where I live to do so. I wouldn't dare try to do it next to my house; the ground is just too uneven, and I've already sprained an ankle before.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

You could start doing light bodyweight exercises to get your body gradually used to it and gradually build stamina and strenght.I like to lift weights sometimes but bodyweight is my main way of training, mostly because it requires few if any equipment, can be done anywhere and helps develop a greater control and awareness over your body.

As for the lack of available space to jog or sprint you can for now do more exercises with less time to rest between each of them.Pick up the pace and you will see how easy it is to burn.