1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Communities & Practice

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

I have noticed a fair amount of OECs as of recent promote a environment that makes it seem the members do not need to practice to actually achieve anything. Hell, even I haven't practiced nearly as much as I should have as of recent. (Which I personally plan to change in order to make my skills more practical on the physical.)... So in your view, what is the best way to "work on" the mentality of communities that promote this even if, they themselves, don't admit it?

Omiron
    Artistic

Omiron Third Elder of the Nation

You can't. God knows I've tried in MyTK and Psion Nation.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

No need of practice?Which fools would believe that, the ones that believe that you can have money without working?Or be strong without training?
    I can't say anything about other communities, but for this one I would say that enforcing a more objective or serious stance could work.

I will imagine that these two got full of wannabe superheroes/roleplayers and in the end the legit ones avoided the kids' playground.

Omiron
    Artistic

Until I stopped paying attention to the site and missed renewing it.

Kiyoshimizu
    Brooding

Kiyoshimizu Middle Class Citizen

I actually feel the more active a community is, especially forums, the less practice I get because I end up talking more. Double edged sword.

Omiron
    Artistic

Take time for yourself. I have been more. Even with being very social. Actually because my switch is always on, my natural presence affects people constantly.

Anecdotal Myers
    Notworthy

Anecdotal Myers Cadet Citizen II

The goal of a psions practice should be ceaseless concentration, limitless focus, infinite awareness and a piercing negentropic vision into the moment, and it should be underlying everything that you do. This transforms the practice into thee ultimate power. It's what the bible calls Constant Prayer, it's what the dzogchen buddhists call trechod, a constant cutting through the veil.. This way everything becomes positive feedback for the growth of the power of thee individuation of the warrior.