1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elemental Energy Types: Darkness And Light

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Elemental Energy Types
    Darkness & Light
    "This is a series of posts I am going to work on for all the non-classical elemental types, will post a thread for each as time goes on." - Shane
    Information
    Darkness is one of the more so hyped element types of energy as many already know from this forum. All in all the common type of darkness that you see mentioned here much is the strain that Infernal or Hell has, aka, Nyx's strain of darkness.

This energy is usually inherently related to corrupted properties but not all darkness is, just usually it has more of a natural trait inclination to such. While some strains such as Nyx, etc, also corrupts them emotionally instead of simply energetically. Darkness, usually from my experience has a heat property, but not in the way that fire, sunshine, etc, feels, more so like... A area full of heat such as a Sauna/

Next off, Light energy, another energy type that is constantly overhyped here and there for whatever reason. Light in terms of properties is naturally inclined to cleansing (and healing to a degree). Cleansing due to it having a trait that burns away anything harmful, negative, etc. From the area it is being used, so it can also be seen as having a heat-like trait but not quite. Depending on the strain this energy will largely differ as well.
    Note
    There may be information I missed/decided not to include.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

I don't know why they are hyped, but usually I don't assign these qualities-corruptive for darkness and cleansing for light- when working with them, because this way of thinking seems to be based on how most religions sees it.For me they are just energies that existed before and after the Big Bang, the ones that were there before anything and anyone else, and because of that they have a venerable-like condition but that is it.

And one thing that most people seem to forget is that darkness and light are different sides to the same coin, so trying to keep them apart from one another would be similar, in my view, as just using one side of your body instead of using all of it.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

I don't see light and darkness as anywhere near the original elements, if anything, I would say Void/Chaos is and "Cosmic"/Creation over Dark and Light. These properties are more so what I and others have figured out through experience with the energies rather than based on religious beliefs, etc. Albeit, there is a reason most mythologies compare light and dark to the traits/etc that I listed above tbh.

Ouroboros

Void is a concept that I use a lot as well, that would be the 'primordial darkness' if I had to use that label because before the big explosion there wasn't a thing, there was only the void.
    However I prefer to use 'Light' because it was there after the big explosion happened, and is considered the strongest way of display of 'power' if the stars, quasars and such can serve as examples.

As I said before, two sides of the same coin.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

I consider the big bang looked to cosmic/creation myself and the void/chaos to be before hand, Void/chaos can't really be compared to darkness as it is literally nothing that caused everything. So in of itelf, it's traits are well, traitless until it becomes chaos and causes creation. So to give it the label darkness implies that darkness could exist at that time, -which it couldn't. And to link Light to creation is inaccurate as creation does not inherently refer to one single thing, and rather, creation/cosmic would be instead the energy of a universe in a manner of speaking rather then a individual element. Light being a individual element. So this is all in all is simply just what I see as more accurate in terms of terminology.

Ouroboros

Darkness to me aren't shadows, evilness or corruption but the absence of everything that can be discernable.Just like the void before it is filled with something.I never linked light to creation, I linked light to existence, the thing that discerns.

The idea of chaos/creation is interesting as it makes me think of entropy and how it was used as a way to explain how life came to be.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Nor do I see Darkness as evil, shadows, or even corruption, just from my experience most darkness has more of a inclination towards corruption, corruption in this case refers to turning other energy it encounters into itself or "taking it over". It is simply called darkness due to that being the name it was linked to throughout history, as well as Light, but neither of them can be seen as straight forwardly either, as Light is photons, and dark is the absence of photons, so even so, the name is a bit inaccurate but historically as well as in the general appearance of each energies not so much.

Of course, to me, it doesn't sound like you are referring in anyway to the same elements, so all in all, this is just a terminology disagreement. So yeah.

Ouroboros

I agree about the terminology disagreement.I guess that some people can see the same thing differently while seeing the same in the differences.

Shane likes this.