1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy Based Rituals (By Shane)

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Energy Based Rituals
    By Shane"I don't see rituals as fully symbolic like most do, in other words, I see rituals as being able to be constructed without any symbology. I have done it in the past, through the user of straight energy work, phrases, and physical objects.
    What is a Ritual
    A ritual is a procedure of tasks that are all done in order to achieve a magical goal, such as banishing, etc.
    Uses of a Ritual
    Rituals are used in many cases, one, being in a group effort, another being if you wish to do a more physical-based practice that you can physically see, etc.
    Construction of a Ritual
    As I have said already, my method to constructing a ritual is just a tad bit different... For this you'll need to understand energy programming, elements, etc. Keeping in that mind, let's start.

Firstly you must decide exactly what the ritual will be for, if you don't, then you won't really be able to properly construct the ritual, aka, anything you do likely won't do crap. Though, why would you even try without a purpose? So we'll use a healing ritual for an example.

Next, decide what forms of properties, elements, etc, you'll use inside the ritual. No real limit, but myself personally, for a healing ritual I would choose, water, life, or light.

Next off, you'll have to figure out what you will be doing to direct the energy for said purpose, keep symbolism out of this as you'll simply be using the objects as a focal, as well as in some cases to "program" the energy in the same manner that the physical thing works, etc. Personally, I would use a wand of some sort, (Just a stick or some crap will work). + Some symbols, preferably runes carved into wood or on paper.

Using all of this, it is more then possible for you to perform a healing ritual, how? I would take the energy that I am using for it, pump it in the wand or focus object... Making sure to state my intentions while imbuing them with energy to get the point across. And then, depending on how I constructed it, I would then either use the symbols/runes/sigils, etc, I have prepared on the focus object, or I would use some other physical object to put further "programming" in to it. Such as, if I wanted healing, I would use a plant/herb, etc, that is good for healing.

Of course, this is rather simplified as rituals can get far more.. complex, but I would imagine this is a good enough description of it for you all.

Artifex likes this.
    Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

I always believed that the purpose of rituals was to help a mage enter a certain state of mind where they become entirely focused on their work, avoiding stray thoughts that might distract, and increase it's efficiency.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Nah, though, it is a good idea to enter that state before you do a ritual, etc. From my experience at least.

Anecdotal Myers
    Notworthy

Anecdotal Myers Cadet Citizen II

Chaos ritual is my favorite. Haphazardly adapting to subconscious interpretations at a moment's notice in order to cross the path with the laying down of the law under the god-like whimzy of pin-pointed focus.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Personally, I view Chaos Magick as too symbolic to be something I can follow. I prefer to take the things and use them as they actually are, rather then attaching symbolic things to them, while they themselves, may have no relation to said thing. Such as, you wouldn't use water in a ritual that involves burning/fire, etc. But Chaos Magick promotes that form of symbology/thinking.

Anecdotal Myers
    Notworthy

Anecdotal Myers Cadet Citizen II

I incorporate all sorts of methods that I can draw energy from. The more coherent your holistic conception of the various methods and how they interact, the more energy you will have to work with. Symbols definitely act as energy manipulators on a subconscious level. You use symbols when you channel thoughts into your chi ball. You use symbols when you draw meaning from your environment into order to evoke the necessary emotion privy to summoning the proper power you need to effectively hack reality. For instance, I have a defense mechanism installed against my uncle who is constantly attacking me. It's in the symbolic form of a Gnome aggressively cranking a crank box set up in an abandoned attic of Pandora's Playhouse. These are all parts of my 'mental palace' or 'mnemonic architecture'. Which once established and imbued with enough energy, becomes a coherent reservoir of some seriously cool power to draw from.