1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethics of Services

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

I will be blunt.

Is it ethical for a psion-or a mage-to request money in exchange of their services?Before you answer I will present to you a few scenarios where this question will be applied, all of them are situations that does happen in real life, and you can answer both as a provider of the services/products as well as a potential buyer.Or even both.

• Selling physical objects in exchange for money(potions, talismans, crystals, wands and etc.)
    • Selling non-physical objects in exchange for money(constructs, energetic weapons, upgrades of sorts and etc.)
    • Selling a service that happens either face-to-face, that make uses of physical elements or happens on the regular physical dimension(certain rituals, cleansing of someone/a place, mentoring and etc.)
    • Selling a service that happens at distance, that makes use of non-physical elements or happens on the non-physical dimension(everything done in the etheric in order to influence the physical, scans, certain rituals and etc.)

Be as honest as you can, be blunt.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

• I see no problem with this, as both sides of the bussiness get what they want/need and there is proof of the exchange.

• It depends.The psion would need to offer proof that their product is real and not smoke and mirrors, and even then the price shouldn't be the same as if they created it in the physical as technically speaking they didn't spend money on resources to build it.

• I'm on the fence by this one.Sometimes people search for "supernatural" help because thye have no idea what they are dealing with and if the person doing bussiness doesn't care about being ethical they can always influence the buyer that they(the buyer) do need the services of the seller.Even if the issue can be solved by more mundane means.If their work is necessary though then they should be paid enough to cover whatever cost they might accrue-while working for the client-as well as the value of their knowledge and experience.

• Most of the time, no.Certain things won't affect the client's life on a physical level and for most that would be the crucial help they need, and let's not forget that we are believing that the psion is knowledgeable and can do what they say they can.I have seen enough charlatans fooling desperate or guileless people, all because they didn't offer proof of their skills and the clients didn't ask because they felt they were dealing with a professional.For the rest of the services the psion won't be using any resources for them to ask for compensation.The only exception is when the client is a psion-or mage-themselves and they can "see" the results of the seller's work, then a monetary exchange can happen as long as both sides agree.