1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you view Vampirism?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Topic
    I personally am in no way a Vampire in any shape or form, but, I am always interested in exactly how the people that are 'Vampires" view such and explain it. So I think it would be rather interesting to get a discussion going on about this.
    My Response
    Well personally I have multiple view points on this.. I mostly blame energy-based vampirism on a select few things.
    • Damage, as damage can cause the person to have a shortage of energy,
    • Otherkinity, some kin are naturally Vampiric
    • Want and/or Addiction.
    While for non-energetic vampirism (Physical-vampires in reference to people who supposedly need to drink blood.), I view it a tad bit differently..
    Mostly one being that it is some form of curse, which, is more then possible I would say as curses can effect you physically to a degree. That, or a mental-related thing. Could also be something genetic but I am not fully sure on that.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

The only thing I know about vampires comes from the folklore of different cultures, but I will do my best to answer.

Psychic vampirism is a line where the facts might get confused with the fiction, and sometimes people mistake certain health issues with it.Most of the times when the person feels weak it is because they are dehydrated, hungry or even starting to get sick.I won't say that I don't believe in it, but most people are fast to use it as an excuse for their current state instead of risking real and known problems off the list first.

As for the so called sanguine vampires I am more of a skeptic.As much as you might feel the need to drink blood the fact is that this is another show of mind over matter.They believe so much that they need blood that they create their own condition because the human body has no need to drink blood.It might be genetic?Maybe, but honestly speaking I believe that they actually want to feel like vampires as a way to deny their humanity-or part of it-and have an excuse to not be part of society.

If there are real vampires out there they would have mastered the art of discretion long ago and wouldn't go around claiming to be the monsters of legends.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

While I don't fully agree or disagree with all you said, what do you think of the idea that a curse could be the cause of some such things? Curses can do some out there things from my experience. So I think it's a possibility. Of course, addressing the first part, technically speaking once you get to a certain point it is relatively easy to tell physical things over energetic things, aka, they can't really be confused, energetic tiredness feels different from physical tiredness. But, it can still be pinned down to energetic-damage albeit, physical sickness often does reflect itself energetically to a degree but not so much it is hard to differentiate between the two.

While I also agree that they could mentally influence themselves to experience this condition, and I think a fair amount of the vampire community has this to a degree, not nearly all of them. Albeit, in terms of physical vampirism it is more speculation but energetically my views I mostly base on mine and others experiences with either being one (Which I am not one), or experiences with people claiming to be one.

Not sure if I wrote this out fully in a way that's fully understandable to others, so apologies if I didn't. xD

Ouroboros

A curse can affect someone's spirit and even their own mind-if they let it get to that point-and some curses can result in physical wounds indirectly, but curses like that are few in numbers and usually the person or the family won't notice that they were cursed.Someone cursed to think like a vampire or suddenly develop the need for blood/energy of others could be plausible but it wouldn't make sense.

When someone or something curses another they want revenge, they want the person to suffer and depending on their hate they might want something that leads to death.Paranoia and the often accidents that leave wounds might also be a goal, after all if your target lives a life of fear can they really say that they have lived?Making someone a 'vampire' doesn't seem like the kind of thing that someone would risk themselves when placing a curse, unless we count the chance of contracting a disease due to blood ingestion.

But for being an psychic vampire?The result wouldn't be worth the possible failure of setting up the curse.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

I mean, I don't myself, see curses as being that limited. They won't cause things like wounds without it being indirect, but they could very well cause far more then simply what you are stating, Not all curses are in anger or wanting revenge, nor are they all with the intent to cause death, etc. A lot of curses can be used on a individual to make them learn from there mistakes, teach them, etc.

Ouroboros

I didn't say that all curses are in anger or wanting revenge, nor that they will cause death.I said that usually those that cast a curse want to hurt or even kill the person or people they are cursing and mostly they do it out of a sense of having been wronged by their target or as if their target had a link to their current situation.

Curses to teach a lesson are mainly seem in fairytales, because humans for most part are vengeful by nature.It doesn't matter if the issue was small or big, if they feel as if someone was unjust with them they will want the other person to suffer.If they are specific with what kind of suffering or not is another question.

Kiyoshimizu
    Brooding

Kiyoshimizu Middle Class Citizen

I don't believe in them, not real vampires, although I wish they did exist. There is some flimsy proof that they used to exist but who knows now.

I would wager its more a mental condition that has led someone to strongly believe they are a vampire, a fake need to drink blood, aversion to sunlight and such. Just like the mental condition said to be "lycanthropy".

Ouroboros

If vampires exist they aren't like the ones we portray in works of fiction, but so far I have only seen humans claiming to be vampires.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Vampiric kin types are rather interesting imo, but they don't often need to actually "vamp" as some would call it. Just are more inclined to it for various reasons, mostly because said race has it in there "genes" soul-wise. But, I haven't seen many people around who are such honestly. xD

Ouroboros likes this.