1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does visualization affect sight.

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Osiris
    Question

Osiris Site Mediator

I see this may be obvious, though even though it should be I still think people will have very different responses. How does visualization affect what you see compared to what is actually there? To me its like an outline overlaying the actual construct for example.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Senior Citizen II

People should focus more so on the idea/concept behind what they are doing and doing it. All visualization is, is focusing on the presentation of what you are doing. It creates a weak structure/performance or: "glowy bullshit" ~Elune.

Osiris likes this.
    Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Made me see crap that wasn't there, that's how it affected my sight. ;3

SageYuu and Osiris like this.
    Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion Middle Class Citizen

It doesn't affect your sight, it affects your perception- you may begin to "see" things in your surroundings that others may tell you aren't really there. It's like the joke about the three blind men encountering an elephant.

When you visualize, your mind is assembling an image based on input from the other senses as well as prior knowledge or understanding.

Out brains are also hardwired to try to make sense of visual information even if that information would be otherwise senseless- we see animals in the clouds, faces in television static, patterns in the walls and floors... Visualization is just a more controlled application of what our brains already do every day.

When you visualize energy, you're just drawing information from your other senses (physical and energetic), constructing the image in your mind, and then mentally superimposing it upon your surroundings, the exception to this being if you can see energy with your physical eyes, which most cannot do or cannot do to enough of a degree to be notable.