1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Regards To Those Who Came Before...

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

This text's intention isn't to bash anyone but if it happens then don't take it personally.The identities of the interviewees will be kept in secret.

I saw that the management is thinking about bringing back the older and more popular members, maybe to liven up more this site as in it's current state only two or three people are visibly active.In their own words:

"Missing key people that could bring back many users.
    Some of those people don’t want to come back or not come back yet.[...]I will message some old popular members to see if they don’t mind returning."-taken from the discord of PN

As I stated in some of my posts, I don't trust most of the older/popular users.On one hand they would have enough pull to bring some "fans" with them or just re-awaken the interest of many members that are "stuck", but on another they were some of the main-if not THE-reasons of why communities like this one become a laughingstock.To try to make my point clear I will divide it into sections because this talk will be quite long.

Bear in mind that everything I say is based on my own research of this site as well as talks with former members and a little investigation.

1. They were too elitists.
    e·lit·ism - The belief that certain persons or members of certain groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their superiority, as in intelligence, social standing, or wealth.

I have no issue about separating people into cathegories like beginner, intermediate or advanced-even if this mold is antiquated-but there would be talks about how the advanced members couldn't share what they claimed to know because the rest of the members wasn't prepared or that they belonged to certain groups or had powerful connections that gave them carte blanche to act as if they were a notch above.

I said this once and will say it again, a community is a place to share and if you don't want to share then either don't join or don't go around disclosing snippets of-supposedly true-information just to make it seem that you know more than you are letting on.There would be too many buts as to why they couldn't just tell the rest about their training methods, experiences or their results, even if they made certain comments that alluded to being able to do "the legit stuff".I talk about the issues related to this charade here(http://psionicnation.com/threads/why-communities-go-down.6445/), because in the end that is what this is.People pretending to be better and creating false images of themselves to be seen as above others-even if they act humble-to live in a world where they are kings.

For what purpose a person does something like that?Generating false expectations, creating a rift between members-beginners/advanced and the fans/non-followers-all to what end?Because it is this kind of behavior that calls for the fakers, the delusioned to join.You can't act mighty when all you have are words, back it up or shut it up.

A certain interviewee said that he felt as if there was a "secret society or group of sorts inside the community".If there is to have something like this then what use is a community?Why not create a closed group and be done with that?

2.They would gang up on those outside their group(I couldn't verify this one, but certain talks I had do seem to point to this).

Most of the older/more popular members were part of the group who had the final say in whatever happened on the site, they were admins and mods and because of that if someone said something that contradicted what they believed-or what they claimed-someone from the group would try to shut up or outright ban the "outsider".Since they had this kind of power it would be hard for a new member or someone with less popularity to go against them, be with demanding proof or by questioning their "laws".
    I believe that the laws stated here were the molds set by these members, as for example the mold of how to know if you are an otherkin.I talked about this issue here(http://psionicnation.com/threads/the-otherkin-issues.6446/).

Ganging up is a coward move when you know that you are in a superior position-hierarchy/social status-compared to the single target, and these members were exactly in that position.Maybe they didn't want others to start questioning why they kept excusing themselves when they were "legit psions", or maybe they wanted to reign in a digital society where they were the powers that be.They could even just be uncertain about themselves and their skills, but the reasons don't matter in the end.
    They had their group of "badass powerful psions and otherkin who had awesome adventures and skills but couldn't accept competition".
    This last paragraph has a phrase written exactly as I have been told by my resources.Apparently while many members almost idolized this group, quite the number was discontent with how things were run.

3.Worship and Idols

wor·ship - The reverent love and devotion accorded a deity, an idol, or a sacred object.To regard with ardent or adoring esteem or devotion.

i·dol - One that is adored, often blindly or excessively.

This one is so easy to see that I didn't even need to investigate much.There were certain individuals belonging to the main group that due to their experiences and occasional claims or even posts would attract the attention of new members, or members that weren't as advanced, and little by little a cult would be forming around each of these "powerful individuals".Most of the followers would just generally agree with what was being talked about and be more open to accept whatever said by these influencers as the truth, but some of them would reach a point of practically worshipping the person.The former has been proven as true, but the latter seemed a bit hard to believe, as I doubt that someone would put someone on a pedestal only based on their words and not their actions.Unless they are of weak will and mind or have severe self-confidence issues.

One of the members of this group, Baal, even named those that followed in his footsteps as baalites, taking it from the real worship of the god Baal.

Based on what I was told that some people said he would present himself as humble and "not all that".At the same time others said that he would always try to show off.I cannot believe that someone that named themselves after an ancient god would go so far with this to the point of trying to embody that being and create a following.If you want followers go to the twitter or instagram.

There were other users that would have their defenders of sorts, meaning that whenever someone that was less popular would start a discussion, question or even post something that went against that person's words, there would be a number of other members that would come to the defense of the more popular user.
    This non-sense of being so agreeable to someone to the point of almost worship is what makes others look into this community and laugh about the delusions of "a bunch of loonies".No one here is worth enough of worship, or has something that so unusual and powerful that would require worship.

That was a line that never was talked about and dealt with.If they came back, would this come back as well?

4.New frame, old ways?

Finally, what they would be able to bring of good?Knowledge?If they don't want to share then what use would it be?Development?Of the egoes or the skills, because one of them was definitely in demand.People?At short-term we would have interactions increasing daily, but at the long-term we would end up at the same stage as this community was before.History would repeat itself.

If the people that the management wants to bring back didn't change, didn't get better, then it is best for them to not come back.This site has a new chance at being taken seriously, at becoming a real place to learn even if it is still a slow process and the quantity of people-interacting-here is very small when we compare to the number of members registered.I would want for others with different kinds of knowledge and experiences to show up and show us what they learned, but if they want to keep it to themselves while here then I can't do a thing unless it is to say "Bye and thank you for passing by".

Final words

I poured all of it, what I think and what I found out after my investigation/research/interview.

I guess the source of all of it above was that in the end the needs of few to feel superior outweighted the needs of many to share as a community.

Don't create an illuminati of sorts here, because if you want to have your "cool super duper secret group of awesome beings" then go play a game and form a guild.We are here to learn, talk and experience, not to inflate our egoes.

This isn't an attack to anyone, but something had to be said about this even if it might sound like an aggressive way of doing it.

Management, think well about who you want to bring back and why you want to do it.I get it that it would be better to see more people here and on the discord talking about what we came to talk about, but selling your soul to the devil won't bring good changes in the end.Don't repeat history.

/Ouroboros out.

Lex Arthur and Geronimo like this.
    RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Citizen

As a old member myself, much older than this current account suggests (My accounts were on older communities, along with one apart of the original Psion Nation, and were purged due to inactivity).

There are many that "group up" or primarily decide to be "alone" in practice like myself, but most of us usually share beginner knowledge freely, but the skills we specialize in are usually only taught to Students, I myself do not have a Student, and I probably won't for a long time, I tried teaching others but they ... let's just say they weren't "grateful" or true in their words.

The primarily problem of the old community was too much drama arose on the public forums, or chat. I should note there choice of staff was also pretty bad, as I got into a conflict with someone during that time due to him being offended about my approach to energy, and even though he was banned on previous accounts he was made into a moderator, and later mass banned dozens of "veterans" of the website, including myself. But that was all worked out by some of the senior Admins, (I was than offered a opportunity to take over the position, but I rejected it, as I wasn't interested).

(Final Note): The members that were a disease on the community, of which I will not name, will not willingly come back, even if asked. Those that were beneficial in the community have already come back, or will surely come back in the future.

RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Citizen

I should note that I will be posting guides on this present Psionic Nation, but it may not for a while, as I would prefer to have the content prepared and "sharpened" before hand, along with I need to decide what I'd like to post, and in what order. I have many useful guides on ESP that I could make, but that would require a lot of previous knowledge to the methods I would write about. I believe I made guides on here in regards to some before, but I am not happy with them.

(I would say Ill probably have new guides on this website sometime this week). :)

Ouroboros likes this.
    Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

A person is responsible for what they say and do, that is my belief.Talking about skills isn't an issue in itself but when you try to elevate your image by subtly-or boldly in some cases-claiming that you did this or know how to do that, while trying to seem humble about it, it is hard to keep mum.

Specially when you are in a community.If you can brag out loud then you can spew it out for the rest to learn from it too.

Drama is a consequence of people sharing the same space, but I agree that when it becomes the main reason as to why some people keep logging in then there is something very wrong that should be addressed.As I understand the previous staff was mainly made up of one or two very popular figures and the rest was people that belonged to their special group, so basically a corrupted hierarchy right off the bat.Some people I talked to also said something similar about how they couldn't have a view-in regard to certain subjects-that diverged from that of this group, and if they kept insisting they would be banned or be called fake(I don't know how true these comments were though, they didn't want to elaborate).

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

Go forward with this, because only by wanting to be as serious and precise with something that this community might salvage it's reputation.I would recommend that everyone uses the scientific method when creating a training method or developing a skill(psionics), as it is so far one of the best ways to ascertain if something will work or if it worked and it wasn't just a coincidence.

RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Citizen

In regards to the staff, I wouldn't say it was made up of "popular figures", it was simply bad choices, it was commonly active members that were chosen as staff potential. Due to their choice in staff, there was often conflict between staff members that disagreed with each other or had previous conflicts in the past. -- The "Senior Staff" were simply the owners at that time, and the previous owners, in that concern it wasn't "corrupt". -- But I have to also note that many of the staff members were apart of the same group that Baal is in, but not the leader of, I won't speak of that group much, as a outside observer, I cannot confirm anything.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

If you cannot confirm anything imagine me then, as everything I have here was due to investigation and talking to previous members that could have said the truth or not.

RockShan likes this.
    ChronoKing
    No Mood

ChronoKing Cadet Citizen I

Although being not completely on topic (though not 100% off topic either) I have to mention, I've never heard anyone say anything good about Baal. While what he's been described as/accused of are certainly things I'm no fan of, I try not to make opinions on people I've never personally interacted with. I've been around since MyTK, and although I don't recall really ANYTHING specific about my experience from then to now with senior staff, I'm starting to think that's for the better.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

What was MyTK like?Some people said that it was full of "fluff" and that delusions or power trips were common place.After finding out more about the past of PN I don't know if there really was an improvement.

ChronoKing
    No Mood

ChronoKing Cadet Citizen I

As I said, I don't really remember much of it, to be honest. Though I do recall the power trips fairly well. If memory serves, someone said they killed my astral body, which apparently was supposed to kill me in the physical world. Using contextual evidence, I've deduced that he didn't kill me. Truly I am a masterful detective

Lex Arthur and Vega-Omega like this.
    Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Guess as someone who was staff here before quitting, I should respond to this. Albeit, I was only a staff member for a month or so before I decided to leave, but those were for personal reasons. The staff members, more often than not, weren't a part of a specific group. Some of them, sure, but overall not nearly all of them. In the staff chat, there weren't many, if any, concern about their beliefs, beyond the ones that were clearly trolling. (Such as claiming they could destroy the world, etc.). Though, even so, most of the old staff members have left and likely won't be returning. I do know Zerachiel won't. (I talked to him often up until a month ago, don't talk to him anymore, but when I did, he told me he wasn't going to.), Varric, likely won't, etc. Not sure about any other staff members, I believe Baal abandoned the online communities in favor of the offline group he is a part of. But, I would imagine some of them may come back as the forum becomes more active.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

I thought that the staff was the same group during the entirety of the site, ever since it was created.

phytas
    Curious

phytas Middle Class Citizen

Im with Shane on this, zerachiel and such have shown no intention to return. Most people stick to discord communities of sharing knowledge and practising together. However it seems like those are slowly dying out aswell, in the communities there seems to be a "fluff" disease and miscommunications. I myself have had a long episode of fluffyness until i finally got out recently, while being aware of its fluff it was hard getting over your own ego. I believe some if not most communities suffer from this problem, alot of otherkin claim to be deities or somewhat "overpowered" races which leads to normal people wanting to be the same of sorts. As for the misunderstandings you seem to hit the right spot, different groups(such as discords) have different methods and beliefs. I myself dont think thats a bad thing, we need a set of rules to prevent chaos or lose assumptions on validity(such as delusions) thats if the rules are right on their own ofcourse. But i dont think its a good nor a bad idea to ask some "popular" users to come back, im between a couple of communities and find my truths in the middle of it however i dont think they will as discord servers themselves also slowly begin to fall apart. A clean start would be for the best, a new beginning and new goal to work towards.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

Nice avatar, the horns are impressive.

So, based on what you are writing, in the end all communities will die and everyone will want to keep to themselves.Is that it?
    As for this "disease" I wouldn't be surprised of it happening, after all no one set real standards or rules for when dealing with the claiming of skills, no one seems too concerned with that.Maybe because if things were a bit more restrict there wouldn't be as much people in these communities.

Why your otherkin race matters to others?As I said in a previous post, if it can't affect your physical body in some way then you are as human as the rest.Period.

One of the reasons as to why I don't think their comeback would be good is that they set the current standards this community has, they set what was right and wrong and how it worked or not worked.Most of them misled people-in my opinion-to the ways things worked or tried to appear knowledgeable about certain subjects.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Yes and no. There were some members who were staff most of the time, such as Baal, but he had been one of the many, and I mean many, founders, and even he had quite the site multiple times. But, otherwise, many staff members came and went, I don't know all of them as a lot were in the time I was taking a break from energy work, but the ones that I do know, a fair amount of them were completely unrelated. In fact, a few of them heavily disliked Baal and such. I won't say the names of each individual in reference to who did or did not to avoid any possible fueling of drama. (As I do know friends of many of them browse this forum currently.). Honestly, the only real problem that caused many to view all of the staff members in a negative light, was the actions of a few, and drama caused by them and other non-staff members. (Including a lot of tension/drama that had occured inside the staff team itself aswell).

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

By "Quite the site a few times". that was a misspelling, meant to say he quit it a few times. (Edit period is five minutes time). Meaning, he had taken a hiatus from the site a couple times.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

At least this site has a chance to start over, it's just a matter to avoid repeating the same mistakes.

phytas
    Curious

phytas Middle Class Citizen

No they wont just all die.. They are ever changing, alot of communities get disbanded only to re-emerge somewhere else or people move on to other communities fitting to their taste or path they walk. So sorry for my bad explanation lol.

As for otherkin thats a personal thing, in some occasions it can affect your mind, it also has to do with etherical ties and "maybe" affinities. For me it had a physical effect as in a way of the things i experienced, the kin itself didnt have a direct influence. Kin should be something personal and isnt necessary to know. Though you mention if it cant affect your physical body youd be just as human as the rest, that i agree on. We are all humans physically and now, but etherically and spiritually can be different. So again, its personal, if your path is strictly physical then yeah i can agree with you to some degree.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

My path isn't strictly physical.I do work on the mental and spiritual developments as well as I know that there are certain things that are easier to interact with/do when outside the physical.

Still, my view on otherkin is a result of others trying to promote it as a "life changer", as if whatever you are inside would interfere with what you are outside on a dense level like the physical.So far that has yet to be proven as true.

I would love to be physically impervious or to be able to see everything(a.k.a. God's Eye/Eye of Horus/Eye of Ra/etc).It would be a tremendous godmode if that could happen.

But so far everything points to the impossibility of this.

RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Citizen

What you are (as in your energy body) or known to people of the new age or on the right-hand path as "your true self" is very important, for example. I will not go into detail but I inherited many of my abilities from my past lives, along with other attributes. Simply knowing what my past lives are, and what my "true self" is has increased my abilities. -- Point is, the more you know about yourself, your past and who or "what" you are, the more "wise" you become, the more knowledge you attain, and ultimately the more "powerful" you become, both energetically and physically. As the energetic world and the physical are one in the same, they overlap.