1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onmyouji's?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    phytas
    Curious

phytas Middle Class Citizen

No im not talking about the anime onmyouji's, i know there is a long history of them but i cant find alot so i wonder if anyone could awnser me a couple of questions related to them and general psionics;

- Is it possible for beings to be incarnated due to rituals done by onmyouji?
    - If such a thing is possible, is it likely the said incarnated being is permantly linked to another person/onmyouji? Like a familiar but more like an arranged marriage(i mean you cant have a human as pet/familiar).
    - Are familiars parts/shards of entities or forces?
    - If the said link is possible; would communication go telepathically? Also what would you 'share' with the opposite person. See it as being in synch i guess?
    - Are there any onmyouji practisioners out there that you know of?
    - Does anyone know a suspossed story of two/twin beasts each resembling a side of the 'coin' which is at the very heart of old onmyouji practises?

Alot of questions i know, its just some questions i had thinking about the subject.

#1 phytas, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos Master Citizen

As far as I know, Onmyōdō is the 'asian branch' of eastern magic, usually they use a lot of talismans as tools and nature spirits as helpful guides or protectors.Onmyouji is the person who uses or studies it.

-I think that a being would incarnate 'cause they wanted to or 'cause a more powerful being made 'em do it, not 'cause of a ritual.Though the ritual could've been used to ask something like this out of the bigger players, since the asian deities seem more 'available' to help a human than other deities from other pantheons.
    -Don't think so.
    -Familiars in this kind of thing, in my understanding, are usually lesser spirits that might be summoned through certain tools or chants.I think they would be beings on the path to become deities themselves, but still not that powerful.It's common in certain families to have a being becoming that family's guardian.So yeah,they would be whole.
    -Probably the communication would be more verbal with the share of feelings instead of telepathically.
    -Most of 'em would be in japan or china, so no. :P
    -Don't know 'bout beasts, but most likely that would be the Yin and Yang.
    -

phytas likes this.
    phytas
    Curious

phytas Middle Class Citizen

Thanks the info i searched for :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.