1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtle Telepathy

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 1)

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

SUBTLE TELEPATHY
    Read that Charles?

Written by Ouroboros

I'm not an expert or even a regular 'user' of telepathy mostly because in my day to day it is irrelevant to me, but it does have it's use in specific situations.For instance, being able to know what someone will do and when they will do it in a stressful situation.

When we talk about telepathy I am sure that most people imagine the classic image of someone being able to literally read, word by word, another's mind or in the rare instances even send their own thoughts to others.That is how they are portrayed in works of fiction and since I'm not an authority about it I can't say if there are people that fit into this stereotype.

What I can say is that telepathy can be even more subtle and still work.

Instead of trying to read someone's mind, try to read their intentions, because even if they 'speak' in their heads it is much faster and easier to get intentions than it is with words.And intentions are harder to hide than words.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

The human mind doesn't actually think in words. If someone is trying to read there mind in terms of words, you can do it, but it'll far harder. You only hear yourself speaking in words as you are actively translating your thoughts into words. Keeping that in mind, it's much easier to read below that layer, or there raw thoughts, which, are the intentions, images, etc.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

Fictional works ruined telepathy for many, myself included.

Kiyoshimizu
    Brooding

Kiyoshimizu Middle Class Citizen

I can think in words. A recent example is someones name appeared in my head which prompted me to mention them to a friend and they said they were just going to mention them too. I had ruled out telepathy due to the distance so not sure what it is really though.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Could be many things tbh, mild telepathy, just a coincidence, intuition, etc.

Kiyoshimizu likes this.