1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Oscillation Meditation

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

THE OSCILLATION MEDITATION
    Mind at rest while in movement

Written by Ouroboros.

Meditation has a long list of benefits, and anyone interested in finding out more about it can search for it, but this isn't the subject of this text.

I know that many meditation techniques usually require a peaceful space or that the user is set into a comfortable position, but this kind of traditional meditation is limitating for three reasons:
    1.It's dependable on where you are.
    2.It's dependable on how you're feeling(comfort or discomfort).
    3.It's dependable on your capacity to avoid distractions.

Some people just aren't able to sit still and enter this state, or don't have the luxury of having at their disposal all of the itens on the list, so I would like to share the meditation I made for myself.It isn't hard to learn and I'm sure that it will be handy in some situations, specially when you are moving or as I like to say 'in action'.

PHYSICAL OSCILLATION PHASE
    Standing still, start to slowly oscillate yourself(from side to side or forward and backwards is your choice, just don't loose your equilibrium).With a little bit of time this movement will become like a a comfortable hypnotizing sensation that will put yourself right into a meditative state.

You can also do this movement while crouched or sat down if necessary, but it's best done while stand up, at least in the beginning.

MENTAL OSCILLATION PHASE
    After a while of being used to the physical oscillation, you will be able to call back this feeling inside your mind, as if the oscillation was coming from inside of you instead of needing an external action.It takes more time to adjust to this mentally though, and at the beginning of this phase it might seem uncomfortable or give the sensation as if you would have a migraine.Don't worry, it is something you have to get used to.

TIMING
    Keep in mind that the timing of oscillations in both phases will depend on you.

Do you go big movements and slow(an sphere in a string), or fast paced small ones(a metronome)?Particularly when doing a physical activity I do enjoy do use the second, because when I synchronize the mental stimulus to the outside one I can develop a rhythm that helps me become even more focused on my exercises.
    TIP-The sphere in a string and the metronome are great ways to also visualize the oscillation in your mind if you are having difficulty with getting the feeling right.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Seems like this may be useful for people that have trouble, albeit, the sensation of moving back and forth, and then manifesting that mentally is a method that is used for a trance commonly in communities. So yes, I would imagine this would work well for anyone who can't do a different method.

Ouroboros likes this.
    Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

I created this way in the beginning, when I had issues with focusing during a spar or training.Any kind of energy work wasn't even on my mind back then.