1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unrealistic Expectations?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

I will write normally this time because this post isn't intended to present itself as an article, it's just my opinion-or rant as it seems more likely-and I want to be as blunt as I like.

Checking the older threads it seems that this Baal and other members were really dreaming big about this site.Theywanted to really impact both psions and non-psions alike with a dozen numbers of activities and productions.Doing a bit of a research I found that they event had-or tried to have-a tournament of sorts with a certain number of challenges.I just don't know if this took off or if it failed...like all the rest.

The people from before seemed like overeager puppies, wanting to do a lot and getting excited by the prospect of the results it would all bring.Most of all the recognition of psionics by the media and humanity.

You can search it yourself.

They wanted to make talk shows/podcasts(which they did, for a while), interviews, bussiness and there was even a talk about making movies-or A movie-somewhere.I pictured a newbie entrepreneur when reading all of that, someone that is full of ideas and dreams and wants all that they can think of.The irony is that for all the big talks they had, for all the suggestions, in the end they only did one thing and even that died on the beach eventually.

And seeing the current youtube channel you won't find it, but some resources showed me that there was even a plan for the hosts of the podcast to create a webseries-or a vlog-about their lives as psions.Did that fly?Of course not.My bet is that they didn't have time or didn't have the know-how of doing something like that.

Why make all these promises of interaction and do it half-assed or not even that?This is one thing I hate, something that I call a politician's promise, when someone-or a group or company-say that they will do something but then nothing happens or it wasn't as expected.
    I have hopes that this community won't resort to such methods just to gather popularity and new members.Because this is what all of that was, a way to bring more people and hit up that counter.

/Ouroboros out.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

Update.

Apparently they did some kind of fighting competition before everything went down.It seems that they were being serious with it and, as with the rest, had high expectations and got "psyched" about it.

That pun was not intended.

In the end this was probably as badly done as the rest that it didn't last.I can guess the reason of why it failed though, as it isn't a hard one to figure out.In a place where only few of a great number claim to be more advanced than the rest, how many would be able to project or feel their energy-and their opponent's-enough to be able to say a word of what would be happening in this pseudo fight?

And what if opinions were divergent on what happened exactly, who would get the benefit of the doubt?Good thing that this didn't last long, because the way I heard about it made it sound more like an instance of live rpg with how everyone kept narrating their moves during the fight.

ChronoKing
    No Mood

ChronoKing Cadet Citizen I

Gotta love things that don't work and aren't planned out properly

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

The problem isn't that they didn't work, but that everyone seemed to jump into the hype train instead of taking time to analyze how it could work and what would be needed.As we say in my country "Don't put the car/wagon in front of the bulls".

Wanting to do more was a good idea, but they wanted to do too much at the same time and I think they lacked the necessary know-how or skills to do some stuff from their list.

Lex Arthur
    Relaxed

Lex Arthur Cadet Citizen II

Sometimes I feel like things of this nature would be better served by encouraging different groups in the community to take up the initiative to produce creative content of that nature. Trying to manage a project from the top down like that would put a lot of strain on the staff. To reconcile all of that with their normal responsibilities would require a lot of time and even more dedication to and passion for the project.

Even still, it would definitely be nice to have the opportunity to experience some events and media like described above. I might be inclined to do something myself, but I don't have the equipment to make movies, vlogs, etc. The only skill I believe I have that I could possibly contribute is some writting experience.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Citizen

It wouldn't require as much time as you think, specially if you have a laid out plan, but time management would be a necessary skill to have before starting something like a vlog, podcasts or other bigger ventures.Like a movie.

Writing of a blog/journal isn't as difficult to start with when compared to the other more popular or developed means of interaction.However for a real great blog/journal the use of photos, videos and a captivating writing style would be a must.

Aurora

Aurora New Citizen

you gotta water down psionics. its too much for people to take all at once. what you do is make a comic story w/e and you keep everything in it accurate. accurate guides have your characters use techniques. but you never reveal that its what you believe in. if your good then you'll get people reading the guides not even realizing theyre guides. take for instance how many people learned about chakras from avatar.

Lex Arthur
    Relaxed

I'm aware that writting a blog wouldn't take a mountain of effort. Hell, I've written entire books, so a regular journal/blog would be cake. Still not sure if I would do it, though. I've never been prone to take a lot of pictures, and I'm pretty camera shy (I also live with my family and don't want to be seen as a loon until my training progresses enough for substantive evidence).

Lex Arthur
    Relaxed

I can certainly write it, but even after three art classes in highschool and one in college I still suck at drawing people. For that matter, I am not very talented in drawing things whole cloth from my imagination. As far as replicating something in front of me I'm pretty decent, but otherwise slow. One of many reasons I moved over to nonrepresentational art.

I might get around to writting a novella or series of short stories in the future, but I need to do more reading to make it accurate.