1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you looking for?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Kiyoshimizu
    Brooding

Kiyoshimizu Middle Class Citizen

With the revival of the community and beginning influx of new members I thought it would be nice to know why people have come (back) here and what are looking to do/learn.

A nice thread to involve everyone while hopefully uniting eager students with potential teachers or introducing friends across common interests.

Personally, I am very looking forward to seeing some old friends here as well as returning to the basics as I am now quite rusty.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Hm, well personally I came back as I don't see many forums around anymore that I enjoy. Of course, this forum had a toxic community for awhile but it has had a refresher with the time it was down, so I feel as if this could be seen as a second-chance for the forum (Toxic referring to drama daily, etc.). So I've decided to give it said second chance, other then that, it all in all is nice to have somewhere out of chatrooms to have conversations, post content, interact with others, etc. Forums from my experience are often more focused then chatrooms too.

Kiyoshimizu
    Brooding

Aye the daily arguments and flame wars used to be quite the drag for anyone actually trying to learn or have a nice time.

But I look forward to the day new and cool forum threads are posted I can learn from while also staying away from that :smile:

Ouroboros

Ouroboros Cadet Citizen III

I want to see if there is something I can get from other people's practices and implement into my own, and of course to interact with others.After all, a community is made for social interaction.
    How toxic was the community?

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

I don't really want to go over that here, would be best if I didn't. But enough that a lot of active members were leaving due to it. Not saying anymore as it's best to leave such things in the past.

Ouroboros

Only one thing that I expect of this community is that the staff are clear when enforcing the rules and avoid giving power to people that will abuse it.Many communities died because those in power-usually an influential group of members-wouldn't allow divergent opinions or to have their claims put in doubt by regular members.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

A lot of communities involving psioncs/energy work and such are like that from my experience, so I have to agree with you. Such usually ruins the community albeit if they don't have some form of limit of what is accepted then it may become a breeding ground for delusions, etc.

Ouroboros

The main issues would be the double-standard and the lack of seriousness.

The D-S would be as said before.A certain group that had a great deal of popularity-of power-would make statements and claims each time more unbelievable but no matter how fantasy-like they went or even if they contradicted themselves no one would question them.
    The same couldn't be said of the 'regular members', that if going the same route would not only face opposition from the 'elites' but also be ridiculed by the rest of the community.

The lack of seriousness would be accepting everything said no matter how outrageous it sounded.Being open minded is one thing, but when everything is taken at face value then how do you expect to be taken seriously by others?Most psionic/energy communities become targets of mockery because the community itself doesn't create limits to how far a claim can go without the necessity of evidence.

Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Oh, yes. I would agree, the lack of evidence and allowing claims to go so far without anything to back them up is something that needs to be more so minitored in some communities. But, it is rather hard to provide proof for everything, albeit, proof could be seen as simply witnessing them doing said thing yourself even if it isn't full on proof. Taking there word for being able to do x without seeing them do it/experiencing them doing it, is how you fall into the delusions of others.

Ouroboros

Not everything would be required to offer evidence for, just those claims that seem more unlikely.For example there is no need of evidence for the basics.

We need a certain level of seriousness if we want to be taken seriously, or else it is better to leave everything as it is and let the delusionals come and multiply.

Shane likes this.
    Omiron
    Artistic

Omiron Third Elder of the Nation

Just to be clear... Psion Nation didn't die because of that. Simply, I let it go because I missed the deadline for renewal. Easy when it's once a year to be out of sight, out of mind.

Shane likes this.
    Shane
    Fine

Shane Senior Citizen

Mhm. I remember talking to you about it on the shoutbox right before it shut down.

Ouroboros

I don't know about others but I never said a thing about the previous community's death, only the lack of seriousness as one of the reasons for lack of credibility.

Kiyoshimizu
    Brooding

There's no use getting too worried or in depth into talking about it now. It's gone. Dead. In the past.

We should focus our efforts here and to the future :laughing:

Geronimo and Ouroboros like this.
    Omiron
    Artistic

Not when this site has taken everything from the other one. Add an ic to the name, but it's essentially the same.

Kiyoshimizu
    Brooding

But its better, because its actually trying to carry on where you left off :wink: That aside we are off topic for thread so please continue this conversation through private messaging or discord so other users can answer my question :smile:

Anecdotal Myers
    Notworthy

Anecdotal Myers Cadet Citizen II

Getting this thread back on track, I personally am looking for at least one other elite practitioner to experiment with some thought-form structuration and astral/chimerical agency and employment of such ætherial creaturations as would be embodied in symbolic forms like a unicorn or dragon, imbued with intense emotional energy, and given strict function. Preferably we would do video chats to get to know each other, to reach a degree of rapport to where-whence we would be comfortable working on such intimate levels of psychic depth.

I believe that as psions working on the prospect of such things as we are, we need to commit to a higher level of cooperation. Our individual growth and progress can sky-rocket if we would just set aside our doubts and differences and work to reconcile our reasoning and rationale for the sake of thee evolution of the practice. I believe that groups such as the Freemasons, Rosicrucians, Templars and such have grown into positions of grand power, not only because of the purity of their blood, but because of their willingness to work together in devotion to a common cause and a higher ideal for the benefit of all parties involved. I believe this is what we should be doing, working towards a unification of efforts. This is why we aren't seeing any progress in the psionix community online, because the people who are doing the real work, are working behind the scenes, together.

Hit me up on facebook, I'm Choice Clarity.

Kiyoshimizu likes this.
    Omiron
    Artistic

I'm glad to see it up and running again. I'd like for people to have more depth to the information they share. Not necessarily making a research report, but sharing detailed information of what they did, why they did it, how they felt and what was the results. Even if it's just in "this is what I plan to achieve" form.

LEGENDARYMIKE88
    Curious

LEGENDARYMIKE88 New Citizen

Yeah, I’m actually very new to all of this. But, I’m very interested in learning. I was able to look at PATS on here but I really just don’t have a clue on how to do it. I understand what the foundation is, but I don’t know what I’m supposed to be looking for in order to be doing it correctly.

Omiron
    Artistic

Keep in mind that PATS is a rough guide based on some member's experiences. A lot of people have talents in many different areas that really don't fit with the PATS hierarchy. I think it's more a guide for someone starting out who hasn't found any natural talents and want to 'begin' somewhere.